The Quality Principles:
Standard Expectations of Care and Support in Drug and Alcohol Services
1. You should be able to quickly access the right drug or alcohol service that keeps you safe and supports you throughout your recovery.
2. You should be offered high-quality, evidence-informed treatment, care and support interventions which reduce harm and empower you in your recovery.
3. You should be supported by workers who have the right attitudes, values, training and supervision throughout your recovery journey.
4. You should be involved in a full, strength-based assessment that ensures the choice of recovery model and therapy is based on your needs and aspirations.
5. You should have a recovery plan that is person-centred and addresses your broader health, care and social needs, and maintains a focus on your safety throughout your recovery journey.
6. You should be involved in regular reviews of your recovery plan to ensure it continues to meet your needs and aspirations.
7. You should have the opportunity to be involved in an ongoing evaluation of the delivery of services at each stage of your recovery.
8. Services should be family inclusive as part of their practice.