The Residential Rehabilitation programme is for people with substance misuse issues. It provides assessment, preparatory work and ongoing support.
To apply for residential rehabilitation you are required to meet the following criteria.
You must have:
- A drug and/or alcohol issue for a considerable period of time (years rather than months).
- Previously tried and exhausted drug and alcohol services in the community.
- Not benefited from previous formal community based detoxification.
- Evidence of willingness to change and to see change as a personal responsibility.
- A commitment to engage in a structured and intense programme of preparatory work before detoxification followed by residential rehabilitation.
- A willingness and understanding of the need to continue to engage with services after returning to the community.
- Been assessed as capable of achieving abstinence and prepared to do so.
There are 3 elements to the service:
1. Assessment and preparatory
Where FIRST will look at:
- Current and historic drug and alcohol use
- Criminal activity
- Housing issues
- Social circumstances
- Family networks and support
- Involvement with other services and assess motivation for change.
This involves inpatient residential detoxification for 6 weeks, followed by a 20 week residential rehabilitation programme.
Places are purchased from one of our external providers and is selected on the particular needs of the individual.
3. Community rehabilitation
You will receive
- Structured community based rehabilitation with suitable housing with support.
- Comprehensive package of after care services.
- Continuing follow up for a sustained period of time will follow after this 26 week period.
On completion of the programme you will receive ongoing support from one of FIRST‘s Rehabilitation Workers. You will also have access to a wide range of after care.